SURGERY ARRIVAL TIME: PAT (Pre-Admission Testing) will notify you at your (PAT) appointment what time to arrive at the hospital. If any changes occur (PAT) will notify you the night before your procedure.
PAT (Pre-Admission Testing) Date: ___________ Time: __________ our office will schedule this and call you with appointment time and date. This will be done at Memorial Hermann Northeast.
MEDICAL OR CARDIAC CLEARANCE IS REQUIRED based on your medical history with Dr.________________ Appointment date: __________________time_____________________
You will receive general anesthesia, which means you will be fully sedated.
You will receive a pain block prior to surgery which will help decrease your pain after surgery. The anesthesiologist will discuss this with you prior to your surgery.
PHYSICAL THERAPY will begin on _______________ at (LOCATION):___________________
PREPARATION FOR SURGERY
DAY OF SURGERY
- Report to Admitting, which is on the first floor entrance (M) of the Hospital to register.
- Do not bring valuables, money, credit cards, jewelry, cell phones, pagers, checkbooks, wallets or pocketbooks to the surgery area.
- Do not wear makeup/nail polish. Please remove any hairpins or jewelry. All body piercings must be removed prior to the arrival at the hospital.
- Bring cases for glasses, contact lenses and dentures.Wear comfortable clothing, which can be placed into a bag during your surgery. For shoulder surgery wear a loose fitting button up shirt as you will not be able to raise your arm over head.
- For lower extremity surgery wear loose fitting pants/shortsCryocuff (Ice/Compression): If indicated/recommended, this ice machine will be given to you at Memorial Hermann Hospital. The ice machine will be yours to keep after surgery.
WORK NOTES & FORMS:
Please do not bring any disability forms/work forms, etc. with you to surgery. We will be more than happy to complete any forms or provide you with a work note prior to your surgery here in our office or you may bring them with you to your follow-up appointment after surgery.
You will be given a prescription for pain medicine and a prescription for nausea, each with one refill available. Some patients have some nausea after surgery due to the medication.