Knee ArthritisKnee arthritis is one of the most common causes of knee pain and typically affects patients as they get older.
There are three basic types of arthritis that may affect the knee joint:
- Osteoarthritis – the most common form, and one that most often affects middle-age and older individuals.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis – an inflammatory type of arthritis that can destroy the joint cartilage, and usually affects both knees.
- Post-traumatic Arthritis – which can develop after a knee injury such as a fracture, ligament injury or meniscus tear.
The most common symptoms of knee arthritis include:
- Pain with activities
- Limited range of motion
- Stiffness of the joint
- Swelling of the joint
- Tenderness of the knee
- A feeling the knee may give out
- Deformity of the joint
Knee Arthritis Diagnosis
Knee Arthritis may be diagnosed through a careful history medical history. A physical examination will be taken to assess your knee motion, stability and strength and overall leg alignment.X-rays will be performed to determine the extent of damage and deformity of your knee.
Non-Surgical Treatment for Arthritis Sufferers
- Diet and exercise, physical therapy, medications, glucosamine, Visco-supplementation- sometimes called “gel” injections, cortisone injections
Surgical Treatment Options
- Partial replacement
- Total Knee Replacement
“In many cases the non-surgical treatments can prevent or significantly delay a replacement for years.” Dr.Goradia
Sandra Milum, 79
“Total left knee replacement – Dr. Goradia and his staff are very helpful and always responded if I had questions. A pleasant experience.
No more knee pain. And I’m back as a MHNE volunteer twice weekly!”
Why G2 Orthopedics and Sports Medicine?
Whether working with recreational athletes, injured workers, or any other individuals, Dr.Goradia provides each patient with the quality of care given to professional athletes.
Dr. Goradia is a leading knee and shoulder specialist and one of the first U.S. orthopedic surgeons to be certified in sports medicine as a subspecialty.
When you come to Dr. Goradia you don’t get shuffled among various doctors or PA’s. You are personally treated by Dr. Goradia whose expertise and orthopedic success is extensive.