Shoulder Specialist Petersburg VA
Have you been struggling with shoulder pain for years? Are you currently suffering from a recent shoulder injury? If you’re in search for the Best Shoulder Surgeon, in Petersburg VA look no further and make an appointment with our Shoulder Specialist, Dr. Vic Goradia at G2 Orthopedics and Sports Medicine today. Dr. Goradia take the time to fully evaluate to provide an expert diagnosis, as well as an individualized treatment plan.
Fast Appointments With an Orthopedic Surgeon
We offer easy online booking so you can see what appointments are available and schedule online, no matter what time of day. We also offer telemedicine for those unable to be seen in the office during this time.
Shoulder Specialist in Petersburg VA
Dr. Goradia is a nationally known expert in knee & shoulder problems, arthroscopic surgery, sports medicine, and joint replacement with two clinics in the Richmond area. He practices in our West End office in Glen Allen and our southside office in Hopewell – this means we have offices that are convenient for patients in Hanover, Henrico, Short Pump, Midlothian and all-over Central Virginia. In many cases patients travel from across the state and even across the country to consult with Dr. Goradia.
When it comes to shoulder pain, Dr. Goradia doesn’t believe in a one size fits all approach to treatment. Each patient is fully evaluated with care and attention so he can make the right diagnosis. Treatment plans are completely individualized for all of our patients, treating many shoulder injuries like:
- Non-surgical options
- Outpatient Surgery options
- Rotator Cuff Tears
- Dislocations & Labral Tears
- Shoulder Arthritis & Replacements
- Bursitis and Tendonitis due to Impingement Syndrome
- 2nd Opinions
Outpatient Surgery Options
Patients now have the option (if recommended by Dr. Goradia) for same-day shoulder replacement. The entire shoulder replacement process at the hospital or surgery center and patients can be safely discharged home the same day as surgery, without being admitted to a hospital.
How Outpatient Shoulder Replacement is Possible
- Each patient is evaluated prior to surgery to determine if they are a candidate. We use the Outpatient Arthroplasty (i.e. replacement) Assessment Score also known as the OARA Score for this evaluation.
- Patients receive 1 or more physical therapy visits prior to surgery so they are aware of the exercises that will be important after surgery.
- Multimodal pain management – patients are given various treatments to alleviate pain.
- Each patient receives regular communication and instructions from Dr. Goradia using the MotionIQ system.
The OARA Score
- This assessment was developed by Dr. Meneghini from Indiana to identify patients that would have lower risk factors for outpatient joint replacement.
- A series of questions are asked regarding the patients’ health
- A score is calculated to determine if patient is a low, medium or high risk
- The results are reviewed with the patient
Many of our patients consult Dr. Goradia for a second opinion about rotator cuff tears, especially when they have been told their tear can’t be repaired at all, or that it can’t be done arthroscopically. In almost all cases Dr. Goradia can repair the tear and with arthroscopic surgery.
We treat every patient the same way we would treat a professional athlete
Your shoulders are too important to risk the wrong diagnosis. Get the right diagnosis and treatment so you can get back to what you love doing.